Imagine this situation: you’re going about your daily routine when you suddenly encounter a strange noise coming from your heating system. It was recently maintained this year so you think it’s most likely not a safety concern or a huge issue, but you’re anxious about it. Your heater needed to be repaired last year, and you’re starting to worry about your budget and whether or not heater repairs are going to be a “regular thing” in your life.
This isn’t unique and many homeowners have questions about how frequently they should get their heating in Montgomery County repaired. Well, today we’d like to discuss why replacement might be your best bet in this particular situation.
You always have options in front of you as a homeowner. However, those options will be more or less cost-effective depending on the specifics of your situation. We’ll explain more down below!
Reasons to Invest in Replacement
Here are six very good reasons to start thinking about replacement if you’re tired of the constant fixes and problems with your HVAC system.
- Age. How old is your heating system? If it’s reaching its 10th birthday or beyond then it’s likely reaching the end of its lifespan. Yes, heating systems like furnaces and heat pumps have lifespans and when the system ages beyond them, they can become a burden on your budget and lifestyle. They’ll require constant part replacements, their energy efficiency will wane, and they’ll likely provide you with subpar comfort.
- Frequent repairs. A heating system should only be repaired every few years, not on a yearly or bi-annual basis. If you’re starting to see more problems come out of your heating unit, then you likely need to evaluate whether a replacement system could solve these problems for good!
- Uncomfortable temperatures. A replacement system will simply be able to meet your temperature demands more effectively than your old and outdated heating system.
- Obnoxious noises and unsatisfactory conditions. Noises and foul odors are usually obvious problems that something is wrong. They can also deteriorate your quality of life! Replacing this faulty system with one that provides you with exceptional heat can be the best course of action.
- Utility bills are too high. Simply put—if your heating system is showing a trend of running inefficiently, then you should replace it with one that can do the job with less energy consumption.
- Upgrading to a better system. There are state-of-the-art heating systems available for homeowners this day and age. Don’t settle for your old system if you don’t have to!
Repairs Are Still a Good Option
We know that we just gave you six amazing reasons to invest in a replacement, but we’d also like to reassure you that repairing your heating system is also a good option. If you don’t have enough money saved up right now (or your credit is in a difficult situation), repairs could be the best way to stay comfortable through the rest of the season. Or, if your heater has been relatively issue-free for years and this is the first problem that’s cropped up, repairs might be a fine idea.
Whatever the issue may be, we can help! Call Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling for expert heating care.