The only time a cool shower is any good is when it’s well over 90 degrees outside and you are in need of some serious cooling off. No one wants to feel tepid or cold water coming from their hot water taps in December, and one of the best ways to make sure you don’t is to schedule annual maintenance for your hot water heater. When handled by a professional, maintenance for your hot water heater will help you avoid more than cold water in winter, and the plumbing experts at Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling are here to help with all of your hot water heater needs in Ambler, PA.
I Didn’t Know Water Heaters Need Maintenance
Just as your heating or cooling system needs maintenance, your hot water heater does, too. As an appliance that operates on a daily basis, your hot water heater accumulates a high level of wear and tear. This wear and tear will eventually affect how the unit operates, making it sluggish, hampering performance and causing it to use more energy than it should. And it doesn’t matter what type of hot water heater you have – they all work very hard to make sure your home has all the hot water it needs.
Tasks Performed During Maintenance
Wondering what happens during a hot water heater maintenance appointment that makes it so important? Here is an overview:
- Thorough inspection of entire unit
- Removal of any debris or items that may be blocking the water heater
- Check of all valve
- Check of all electronics and electrical connections
- Check of heating elements
- Inspection and check of the flue elements (if applicable)
- Check of anode and dip tube (tank water heaters)
- Sediment removal (if any has been found)
- Flush of the unit (tank water heaters)
- Check of any signs of corrosion
- Performance testing
If it’s been more than a year since your hot water heater has been maintained, give the experts at Carney Plumbing Heating & Cooling a call today!